Do you have a dog that’s always begging for treats? (Who are we kidding, of course you do!) Luckily, these local Michigan dog treat companies have got you covered! These dog bakeries have got everything from classic biscuit flavors to wild and wacky combinations that even humans would drool over.
And if you’re worried about your pup’s dietary restrictions, fear not – they’ve got options for gluten-free, grain-free, and limited ingredients. So get ready for a paw-some tour of the top dog treat companies in Michigan. Just a warning, though: your dog may never look at you the same way again after trying these treats (in a good way so stock up!).
Check out this comprehensive list of all the dog bakeries in Michigan from our local Detroit area to Grand Rapids and even up to the Upper Peninsula. Shower your pup with goodies and more, and show our local businesses some love at the same time!
- With locations in the Bloomfield Hills and Ferndale neighborhoods, this bakery boasts 4 and 5 star foods so your pup gets only the best. They also make birthday cakes in 3 sizes!
- Ever read Amazing Gracie by Dan Dyle? Visit the infamous Three Dog Bakery — and bring some tissues if you’re reading the book, too! Three Dog Bakery was the first canine bakery to ever open and has two locations on the north and west side of Detroit in addition to locations all over the country.
- This Rochester Hills bakery and supply store offer biscuits, cookies, and cakes for your furry friends in addition to a full stock of supplies and toys. They offer completely customized cakes that cater to dietary restrictions for you and your pup, and your choice of color combinations!
- Howl About It exists all thanks to a boxer named Mayble – her favorites were the Blueberry N Rye cookies! Try some of Mayble’s favorites when you visit this Howell location.
- This cute spot is both a bakery and a boutique! Plus, they offer local delivery for baked goods and retail items!
- 100% all natural, gluten-free dog treats from Detroit! Founded by an animal nurse turned entrepreneur, this dog bakery also offers catering for pup parties, including decorations.
- Inspired by 6 French bulldogs who needed treats with limited ingrediants due to allergies (sorry ladies, but Big Time is already my boyfriend, though I suspect he gives kisses freely to everyone). These treats are baked in small batches using human-grade apple or pumpkin.
- Dog treats that are all-natural, handmade, free of fillers, and made in the USA. And if you love puns you’ll love the names of the treats, like the Shih-Tzits. Small batch, preservative free snacks baked with love for your pups.
- A newer pet bakery in the Livonia area. And they make doggy waffles, plus lots of other yummy snacks, like a barkuterie board for your pup!
Western and Central Michigan
- Stash up on tasty treats for your pup! And while you’re there, pick up some paw balm to keep those toe beans moisturized and some tasty (and healthy!) kibble additive to be sure your pup eats great.
- Gourmet treats, cookies, and cakes galore! Plus, get locally supplied bones that are fully cooked and smoked with hickory for a savory treat.
- A much-loved addition to Dowagiac, this adorable bakery and grooming spot has been a community favorite since 2015.
- In the super dog-friendly town of South Haven, Decadent Dogs has an in-store bakery and is a short walk away from dog-friendly parks and beaches, too!
- Pick up a treat at the bakery or take home a box of dog-friendly banana cake mix for a fun activity your pup can enjoy, too!
- Visit one of their many West Michigan locations for a cute assortment of fresh-baked treats in the shape of bones, stars, hearts, flowers, and even festive holiday options!
- Pick out a cute outfit for your pup while you browse the bakery’s offerings at this sweet shop that boasts locally sourced ingredients.
- Pet pantry in Harbor Springs serves the Northern Michigan area with fresh-made biscuits and indulgent cookies, as well as nutritional counseling services for your pup!
- Located in Traverse City, DOG Bakery offers an extensive line of baked goods for every occasion! Plus, you can get special seasoning for your pup’s regular meals to add a little zest to their palate!
- Right across Mackinac Bridge is a small shop that offers any provisions you may need, plus homemade treats for your dog!
- Treat yourself and your pup with delicious offerings from this charming bakery run by the Sugar Daddy and Sugar Mama, Randy and Jill. I definitely drooled over this menu, too!