Hi, I’m Jennifer from Firefly Pet Photography (formerly Pawdacious Portraits), a southeastern Michigan based pet photographer.
I believe that our pets can teach us so much, but most especially how to live in the moment and enjoy simple pleasures: a walk in nature, spontaneous play and the eternal importance of a nap in a sunny spot. They’re so good at reminding us not to take ourselves (and life) so seriously.
We get fulfillment from knowing we’ve made a difference in their lives and we get to experience their trust and absolute affection. Even if that includes some sloppy smooches, not being able to move if they’re comfortable laying on us, and occasionally sacrificing a shoe or two.
My photos help pet parents celebrate the magic of those everyday moments, sometimes from an entirely new perspective because pet parents can just be in the moment during the photoshoot.
And together we create artwork to bring those precious memories out where they can be seen and appreciated every day.
Consider me your pup’s Auntie Jen – swooping in to give delicious snacks, some smooches, and taking family photos that will make you happy every time you walk by them in your home.
A trained wine sommelier turned professional pet photographer, my most important job is chief butler to our dogs and cats (as well as the occasional foster). I love animals, travel, photography, wine, Disney, and gardening. Any combination of at least 2 and I’m in!
As a wine expert I can tell you don’t save your wine for a “special day”. Not all wine is made to age. And seriously, who wants to wait that long? Make any day a special occasion and enjoy it!
Personally, I am pairing my “good” wine with pizza, Downton Abbey (I know I’m late to the party, so no spoilers please!), and the pups on the couch.
It’s the same with photographing pets, don’t wait for a certain date….yes, we can do birthday, adoptiversary, cake smashes, baby or wedding announcements, and senior legacy sessions, of course! But capture the moments in between, too.
We’ll make your photoshoot a full experience filled with pixie dust and lots of laugher. And we’ll showcase your pet in artwork that you can enjoy every day.
Specialized professional pet photographer serving southeastern Michigan – Oakland, Washtenaw, Livingston, Wayne, and Monroe counties. Travel sessions available.
My personal mood board
My personal goals
- Help as many animal rescues as I can between fostering, transporting, driving awareness, and monetary and time donations.
- Keep animals out of shelters and rescues by increasing education and support structures.
- To create a space where dog moms (and dads) feel seen, comfortable, and acknowledged as the amazing pet parent they are.
- Support local petpreneurs, especially female-owned businesses (starting with my Michigan Pet Collective group on Facebook)
- My goal to hold a pet photo experience in every state in the US is currently on hold to reflect my values. I don’t want to support states that don’t respect the basic rights of women. Until that changes, Michigan is a beautiful location for a photoshoot. Please come visit me here for your photoshoot. If you do live in a state that enforces these mysogynistic laws I won’t punish you by refusing to do the session, but my session fee will be donated to a non-profit fighting for women’s rights in that area.
Aug – 1 custom session, 2 Tails of Childhood
Sept – 2 custom sessions, 6 Tails of Childhood
Oct -1 custom session, 2 Tails of Childhood